PHOTOS: Broadway Bares a Winter Burlesque
BY Christopher Harrity
February 07 2013 5:00 AM ET
"Fringe Benefits": Steven Wenslawski
More intimate numbers included choreographer and dancer Stephan Choiniere partnering with Daria Chamanskaia for an intoxicating, athletic, and gravity-defying "Spellbound." Fire Island Dance Festival favorite George Smallwood reprised a mystical solo, "Talk to the Hand," originally created for Broadway Bares: Solo Strips. And Jamal Story and Christopher Jackson performed an explosive pas de deux about a tension-filled sexual relationship, choreographed by The Lion King's Ray Mercer.
International recording artist Matt Zarley, who won prizes for best single and best album at last year's Out Music Awards, lead the company in a thrilling finale. Zarley sang "Trust Me," a Billboard and U.K. dance hit from his most recent, critically acclaimed album, "Change Begins With Me."
Following both performances, Broadway Bares favorite Jen Cody led the company in "rotation," where the performers freestyle-danced for individual donations.
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM