PHOTOS: Broadway Bares a Winter Burlesque
BY Christopher Harrity
February 07 2013 5:00 AM ET
"Fringe Benefits": Steven Wenslawski
More intimate numbers included choreographer and dancer Stephan Choiniere partnering with Daria Chamanskaia for an intoxicating, athletic, and gravity-defying "Spellbound." Fire Island Dance Festival favorite George Smallwood reprised a mystical solo, "Talk to the Hand," originally created for Broadway Bares: Solo Strips. And Jamal Story and Christopher Jackson performed an explosive pas de deux about a tension-filled sexual relationship, choreographed by The Lion King's Ray Mercer.
International recording artist Matt Zarley, who won prizes for best single and best album at last year's Out Music Awards, lead the company in a thrilling finale. Zarley sang "Trust Me," a Billboard and U.K. dance hit from his most recent, critically acclaimed album, "Change Begins With Me."
Following both performances, Broadway Bares favorite Jen Cody led the company in "rotation," where the performers freestyle-danced for individual donations.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality