First Look: Kyle Dean Massey in Pippin
BY Brandon Voss
April 03 2014 1:35 PM ET
He's got magic to do.
Kyle Dean Massey has assumed the title role in the circus-themed, Tony Award-winning revival of Pippin, Stephen Schwartz and Roger O. Hirson's 1972 coming-of-age musical about King Charlemagne's son.
The gay actor joined the cast Tuesday, replacing original cast member Matthew James Thomas at Broadway's Music Box Theatre. Ciara Renée also takes over for Patina Miller as the androgynous Leading Player.
Massey, an Out100 honoree, has also been named one of Out's 100 most eligible bachelors. He has a chapter, "The Show Must Go On," included in Dan Savage and Terry Miller's It Gets Better compilation book.
Massey's other Broadway credits include Wicked, Next to Normal, and Xanadu.
For tickets and more information on Pippin, visit the show's website.
Ciara Renée and Kyle Dean Massey
Rachel Bay Jones and Kyle Dean Massey
- BREAKING: Kim Davis 'In Custody' for Contempt of Court
- Kim Davis and Judge Deciding Her Fate Face Nepotism Allegations
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Fox Soars from 'Failing' to 'Excellent' in GLAAD Report
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom