WATCH: Jonathan Groff's Tips on Getting Free Tix
BY Brandon Voss
June 05 2014 6:15 AM ET
Looking for tickets to Public Theater's Shakespeare in the Park?
In a new video, out Broadway veteran and Looking star Jonathan Groff shares three smart ways to snag free seats for the annual theatrical event at the outdoor Delacorte Theater in New York City's Central Park.
"This summer, Shakespeare in the Park features two of the greatest plays ever written: the magnificent comedy Much Ado About Nothing and the towering tragedy of King Lear," said Public Theater artistic director Oskar Eustis in a previous statement.
The 2014 season began Tuesday with out director Jack O'Brien's staging of Much Ado About Nothing, which continues through July 6 and stars Lily Rabe and Hamish Linklater. King Lear, which stars John Lithgow and Annette Bening, begins performances July 22 and runs through August 17.
Groff notably starred in the Shakespeare in the Park productions of Hair and The Bacchae. The Out cover boy recently appeared in HBO's The Normal Heart and voiced Kristoff in Disney's Frozen.
Watch Groff's helpful video below, and for more information visit shakespeareinthepark.org.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days