WATCH: Hedwig's NPH Sings 'Sugar Daddy' on the Tonys
BY Brandon Voss
June 09 2014 2:30 AM ET
Who else but Neil Patrick Harris could get away with licking Samuel L. Jackson's eyeglasses and giving Sting a lap dance?
Introduced by RuPaul, the Hedwig and the Angry Inch star also smooched fiancé David Burtka, flirted with Kevin Bacon, and gave Orlando Bloom a "car wash" with his skirt while singing "Sugar Daddy" during last night's Tony Awards, which were hosted by Hugh Jackman and broadcast live on CBS.
Harris, a recent Out cover boy, later won Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Hedwig, a fictional East German singer and "slip of a girly boy" living as a female after botched gender-reassignment surgery. Lena Hall also earned a Tony for Best Featured Actress in a Musical as Yitzhak, Hedwig's husband and backup singer, who's desperate to unleash his inner drag diva. See their acceptance speeches here.
The Broadway premiere of John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask's 1998 cult rock musical, which edged out Les Misérables and Violet to win Best Revival of a Musical, opened April 22 at the Belasco Theatre. The original cast recording will be released next month.
Watch a clip of the performance below.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'