Neil Patrick Harris Shares Naked Backstage Selfie
BY Brandon Voss
August 04 2014 2:00 PM ET
With only two weeks left in the Tony Award-winning musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Neil Patrick Harris is going out with a bang.
Harris won the Tony for Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Hedwig, a fictional East German singer and "slip of a girly boy" living as a female after botched gender-reassignment surgery.
Following the Thursday evening performance, Harris shared a seemingly nude selfie on Twitter with the caption "Other dressing room. Post show. Post wig. Just did this." Prior to the performance he shared another photo with the caption "Dressing room. Pre show. Pre wig. Let's do this."
Harris continues with the show through August 17. Girls star Andrew Rannells, a Tony nominee for his work in The Book of Mormon, will take over the role August 20 for a limited eight-week run.
The Broadway premiere of John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask's 1998 cult rock musical, which won the Tony for Best Revival of a Musical, opened April 22 at the Belasco Theatre and recently recouped its investment. The original cast recording is now available.
See Harris's pre-show and post-show photos below.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Minister From Viral Video Is Not a Gay Rights Champion After All