Drag Beauties of Pageant Get Caricature
BY Brandon Voss
August 19 2014 12:20 PM ET
They're all winners!
Renowned illustrator and caricaturist Ken Fallin has created a new stage portrait of Pageant, an off-Broadway musical comedy featuring men dressed as female beauty pageant contestants, as part of a regular feature for Playbill.com.
Fallin, a noted Wall Street Journal illustrator who also creates the poster art for Forbidden Broadway, continues in the artistic tradition of legendary Broadway caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.
Pageant originally debuted off-Broadway in 1991. Directed by Matt Lenz, the revival opened July 14 and has extended through October 26 at the Davenport Theatre. The lovely cast includes John Bolton, Nic Cory, Alex Ringler, Marty Thomas, Seth Tucker, Curtis Wiley, and Skivvies star Nick Cearley.
See more of Fallin's colorful Playbill.com stage portraits of LGBT-inclusive shows, including Hedwig and the Angry Inch, here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)