Drag Beauties of Pageant Get Caricature
BY Brandon Voss
August 19 2014 12:20 PM ET
They're all winners!
Renowned illustrator and caricaturist Ken Fallin has created a new stage portrait of Pageant, an off-Broadway musical comedy featuring men dressed as female beauty pageant contestants, as part of a regular feature for Playbill.com.
Fallin, a noted Wall Street Journal illustrator who also creates the poster art for Forbidden Broadway, continues in the artistic tradition of legendary Broadway caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.
Pageant originally debuted off-Broadway in 1991. Directed by Matt Lenz, the revival opened July 14 and has extended through October 26 at the Davenport Theatre. The lovely cast includes John Bolton, Nic Cory, Alex Ringler, Marty Thomas, Seth Tucker, Curtis Wiley, and Skivvies star Nick Cearley.
See more of Fallin's colorful Playbill.com stage portraits of LGBT-inclusive shows, including Hedwig and the Angry Inch, here.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy