Drag Beauties of Pageant Get Caricature
BY Brandon Voss
August 19 2014 12:20 PM ET
They're all winners!
Renowned illustrator and caricaturist Ken Fallin has created a new stage portrait of Pageant, an off-Broadway musical comedy featuring men dressed as female beauty pageant contestants, as part of a regular feature for Playbill.com.
Fallin, a noted Wall Street Journal illustrator who also creates the poster art for Forbidden Broadway, continues in the artistic tradition of legendary Broadway caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.
Pageant originally debuted off-Broadway in 1991. Directed by Matt Lenz, the revival opened July 14 and has extended through October 26 at the Davenport Theatre. The lovely cast includes John Bolton, Nic Cory, Alex Ringler, Marty Thomas, Seth Tucker, Curtis Wiley, and Skivvies star Nick Cearley.
See more of Fallin's colorful Playbill.com stage portraits of LGBT-inclusive shows, including Hedwig and the Angry Inch, here.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'