Drag Beauties of Pageant Get Caricature
BY Brandon Voss
August 19 2014 12:20 PM ET
They're all winners!
Renowned illustrator and caricaturist Ken Fallin has created a new stage portrait of Pageant, an off-Broadway musical comedy featuring men dressed as female beauty pageant contestants, as part of a regular feature for Playbill.com.
Fallin, a noted Wall Street Journal illustrator who also creates the poster art for Forbidden Broadway, continues in the artistic tradition of legendary Broadway caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.
Pageant originally debuted off-Broadway in 1991. Directed by Matt Lenz, the revival opened July 14 and has extended through October 26 at the Davenport Theatre. The lovely cast includes John Bolton, Nic Cory, Alex Ringler, Marty Thomas, Seth Tucker, Curtis Wiley, and Skivvies star Nick Cearley.
See more of Fallin's colorful Playbill.com stage portraits of LGBT-inclusive shows, including Hedwig and the Angry Inch, here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home