Avenue Q's Muppets Still Have a Lesson or Two For Adults
BY Daniel Villarreal
April 04 2012 2:56 PM ET
The muppets of Sesame Street have taught several generations of TV-watching children how to count, share and take pride in themselves. If only there were muppets to help us learn how to handle complicated adult situations like racism, one-night stands and wanting to strangle the people you love.
That's where Avenue Q comes in.
The 2003 Off-Broadway show is now a decade old and touring around the U.S., but its lovable cast of muppets (like porn-addicted Trekkie Monster and closeted gay Republican, Rod) keep the show as heartwarming as ever. And its earnest and catchy tunes like "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" and "There's A Fine, Fine Line" remain just as fresh and relatable now as they were when they premiered ten years ago.
Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig recently revisited Avenue Q himself. You can watch his review of the play in the video below.
If you've already been to Avenue Q, you might want to take a second look at the irreverently funny play. And if you've never been, you should probably plan a trip — after all, you don't want to let another 10 years go by without seeing one of the most popular (and hilarious) modern musicals of all time, do you?
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 1 hour 11 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 1 hour 20 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC 3:49 PM