Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for May 2012
BY Brandon Voss
May 22 2012 2:01 PM ET
Cory Michael Smith’s spineless John is torn between two competitive lovers, Jason Butler Harner and Amanda Quaid as M and F, in Mike Bartlett’s Olivier Award-winning comedy, which raises but appropriately fails to answer questions about bisexuality: Isn’t who more important than what? James Macdonald urgently stages the verbal combat in the round, which invests the rapt audience like an exhilaratingly tense sporting event.
The Duke, through October 7.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 19 min 20 sec ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 52 min 50 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM