Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for May 2012
BY Brandon Voss
May 22 2012 2:01 PM ET
Gabriel Kahane and Seth Bockley’s hauntingly sublime chamber musical stars out singer-songwriter Julian Fleisher as flamboyant editor George Davis, who created a bohemian Brooklyn commune in 1940 for colorful luminaries such as W.H. Auden, Benjamin Britten, Chester Kallman, Carson McCullers, Erika Mann, Peter Pears, and Gypsy Rose Lee — most gay or bisexual behind doors, all seeking inspiration at the dawn of war.
Public Theater, through June 10.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM