Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for May 2012
BY Brandon Voss
May 22 2012 3:01 PM ET
In Amy Herzog’s quietly moving drama about loss, a familial Harold and Maudefor the modern age, a 21-year-old hippie seeks comfort at his 91-year-old grandmother’s Manhattan apartment after his best friend’s tragic death on their cross-country bike trip. As the feisty yet fading widow with a Communist past, the great Mary Louise Wilson of Grey Gardens fame gives an indelibly detailed performance worth any long journey.
Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater, through July 1.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 1 hour 42 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM