Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for May 2012
BY Brandon Voss
May 22 2012 2:01 PM ET
In Amy Herzog’s quietly moving drama about loss, a familial Harold and Maudefor the modern age, a 21-year-old hippie seeks comfort at his 91-year-old grandmother’s Manhattan apartment after his best friend’s tragic death on their cross-country bike trip. As the feisty yet fading widow with a Communist past, the great Mary Louise Wilson of Grey Gardens fame gives an indelibly detailed performance worth any long journey.
Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater, through July 1.
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse 1 hour 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 10:00 AM
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM