Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for May 2012
BY Brandon Voss
May 22 2012 3:01 PM ET
In Masks Outrageous and Austere
The provocative final full-length play by Tennessee Williams had its tech-heavy world premiere — originally scheduled to run through the end of the month — under David Schweizer’s direction with Shirley Knight as Babe, a wealthy, boozy broad held captive along with her gay husband (Robert Beitzel) and his young lover (Sam Underwood) by a sinister corporation. Knight’s shaky command of her lines didn’t help this messy curiosity.
Culture Project, closed May 13.
See our reviews of the complete 2011-2012 Broadway season here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 14 min 25 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 24 min 7 sec ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 1 hour 2 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM