Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
The Etiquette of Death
Conceived by Chris Tanner and codirected by Everett Quinton and Julie Atlas Muz, this endearing but overly ambitious world premiere explores the inevitable end through an absurd mishmash of songs and sketches by New York’s most notable downtown artistes. In the glittery shadow of the AIDS epidemic, Quinton and Tanner lead the jazz-funereal proceedings in campy drag as Madame Death and cancer-stricken mother to a dying son.
La MaMa’s Ellen Stewart Theatre, through July 1.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Fergie: Labels and Love
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban
- WATCH: YouTuber R.J. Aguiar Releases 'Ask a Bi Guy'