Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
The Etiquette of Death
Conceived by Chris Tanner and codirected by Everett Quinton and Julie Atlas Muz, this endearing but overly ambitious world premiere explores the inevitable end through an absurd mishmash of songs and sketches by New York’s most notable downtown artistes. In the glittery shadow of the AIDS epidemic, Quinton and Tanner lead the jazz-funereal proceedings in campy drag as Madame Death and cancer-stricken mother to a dying son.
La MaMa’s Ellen Stewart Theatre, through July 1.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign