Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Josh Hamilton and Tate Donovan star in Kenneth Lonergan’s sprawling, sporadically hilarious comedy about 14th-century French mercenary knights on a quest for moral redemption. Papal schism, chivalry, Catherine of Siena, and even bad medieval table manners are targets for coolly anachronistic jousting in this Spamalot-like satire; unfortunately, Lonergan forcibly stretches a very smart SNL sketch into an epic affair.
The Pershing Square Signature Center, through June 24.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage