Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Josh Hamilton and Tate Donovan star in Kenneth Lonergan’s sprawling, sporadically hilarious comedy about 14th-century French mercenary knights on a quest for moral redemption. Papal schism, chivalry, Catherine of Siena, and even bad medieval table manners are targets for coolly anachronistic jousting in this Spamalot-like satire; unfortunately, Lonergan forcibly stretches a very smart SNL sketch into an epic affair.
The Pershing Square Signature Center, through June 24.
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation