Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Lincoln Center Theater’s newest space opens with the beautiful world premiere of Greg Pierce’s touching two-hander about a verbose teen (Sarah Steele) who, haunted by an accident involving a learning-disabled classmate, seeks refuge with her reclusive uncle (Zeljko Ivanek) at his Costa Rican jungle retreat. You know they’ll help each other confront their demons, but that journey’s as sweet and spiky as their fresh rum smoothies.
Claire Tow Theater, through July 15.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong