Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Lincoln Center Theater’s newest space opens with the beautiful world premiere of Greg Pierce’s touching two-hander about a verbose teen (Sarah Steele) who, haunted by an accident involving a learning-disabled classmate, seeks refuge with her reclusive uncle (Zeljko Ivanek) at his Costa Rican jungle retreat. You know they’ll help each other confront their demons, but that journey’s as sweet and spiky as their fresh rum smoothies.
Claire Tow Theater, through July 15.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Indiana Town Postpones LGBT Rights Vote Over Confusion
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits