Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Chimichangas and Zoloft
In Fernanda Coppel’s snappy but uneven comedy, two best girlfriends struggle with their sexual awakening — one has just been abandoned by her mother after coming out as a lesbian — while their handsome fathers, played by Teddy Cañez and Alfredo Narciso, have a secret affair. Spicy, slangy scenes between Carmen Zilles and Xochitl Romero as the girls feel authentic and fresh, but the rest of the play is overstuffed and overcooked.
Atlantic Theater Company/Stage 2, through June 24.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy