Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Chimichangas and Zoloft
In Fernanda Coppel’s snappy but uneven comedy, two best girlfriends struggle with their sexual awakening — one has just been abandoned by her mother after coming out as a lesbian — while their handsome fathers, played by Teddy Cañez and Alfredo Narciso, have a secret affair. Spicy, slangy scenes between Carmen Zilles and Xochitl Romero as the girls feel authentic and fresh, but the rest of the play is overstuffed and overcooked.
Atlantic Theater Company/Stage 2, through June 24.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island