Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Rapture, Blister, Burn
Feminism and gender politics get a vigorous martini-shakedown in Gina Gionfriddo’s incisive comedy about academic Catherine (Private Practice’s Amy Brenneman) and suburban mom Gwen, unfulfilled women who took opposite paths after grad school and now covet each other’s life. As Gwen moves her maybe-gay son to Manhattan, Catherine reconnects with Gwen's husband, a pothead porn-addict played by Oz’s Lee Tergesen.
Playwrights Horizons, through July 1.
See last month’s New York theater review column here.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 9 Ugly Faces of HIV Stigma
- 18 Stars Who Prove Queer People Can (Classic) Rock