Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Rapture, Blister, Burn
Feminism and gender politics get a vigorous martini-shakedown in Gina Gionfriddo’s incisive comedy about academic Catherine (Private Practice’s Amy Brenneman) and suburban mom Gwen, unfulfilled women who took opposite paths after grad school and now covet each other’s life. As Gwen moves her maybe-gay son to Manhattan, Catherine reconnects with Gwen's husband, a pothead porn-addict played by Oz’s Lee Tergesen.
Playwrights Horizons, through July 1.
See last month’s New York theater review column here.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home