Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Rapture, Blister, Burn
Feminism and gender politics get a vigorous martini-shakedown in Gina Gionfriddo’s incisive comedy about academic Catherine (Private Practice’s Amy Brenneman) and suburban mom Gwen, unfulfilled women who took opposite paths after grad school and now covet each other’s life. As Gwen moves her maybe-gay son to Manhattan, Catherine reconnects with Gwen's husband, a pothead porn-addict played by Oz’s Lee Tergesen.
Playwrights Horizons, through July 1.
See last month’s New York theater review column here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014