Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for June 2012
BY Brandon Voss
June 22 2012 6:00 AM ET
Rapture, Blister, Burn
Feminism and gender politics get a vigorous martini-shakedown in Gina Gionfriddo’s incisive comedy about academic Catherine (Private Practice’s Amy Brenneman) and suburban mom Gwen, unfulfilled women who took opposite paths after grad school and now covet each other’s life. As Gwen moves her maybe-gay son to Manhattan, Catherine reconnects with Gwen's husband, a pothead porn-addict played by Oz’s Lee Tergesen.
Playwrights Horizons, through July 1.
See last month’s New York theater review column here.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- Poll Shows Strong Republican Opposition to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College