Is Bring It On The Quintessential Musical for the 'It Gets Better' Generation?
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 3:41 PM ET
One could call Bring It On the cheerleader version of You Got Served — it features well-choreographed, high-energy, high-flying routines and follows an inner-city high school team challenging a preppy rival for a national championship.
That may sound like unlikely fodder for a Broadway musical. But in the video below, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig thinks that it totally works, and not just for younger viewers who liked the 2000 film.
Rosenzweig calls Bring It On the quintessential musical for the "It Gets Better" generation. It focuses on the importance of valuing your friends and family first, being yourself and winning as much more than just taking first place — great lessons no matter your age or hometown.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Why God Loves Uganda Should Win That Oscar
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM