Even a Grinch Can Find Holiday Cheer in Elf
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:22 PM ET
While we all love Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, sometimes you want a holiday theater experience with comedy, exuberant elves and colorful dance numbers rather than ghosts, greed and guilt.
That's why the stage musical adaptation of the 2003 Will Ferell comedy Elf makes such a refreshing holiday production.
Granted, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig found Elf's songs and overall production lacking — in his opinion, it lacks the magical touches that could help it soar like Santa's sleigh. But even his Grinchy heart managed to grow a little bit by the final curtain, thanks in part to the talented cast and charming source material.
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter