Even a Grinch Can Find Holiday Cheer in Elf
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 3:22 PM ET
While we all love Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, sometimes you want a holiday theater experience with comedy, exuberant elves and colorful dance numbers rather than ghosts, greed and guilt.
That's why the stage musical adaptation of the 2003 Will Ferell comedy Elf makes such a refreshing holiday production.
Granted, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig found Elf's songs and overall production lacking — in his opinion, it lacks the magical touches that could help it soar like Santa's sleigh. But even his Grinchy heart managed to grow a little bit by the final curtain, thanks in part to the talented cast and charming source material.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 2 hours 10 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 2 hours 36 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 2 hours 41 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM