Even a Grinch Can Find Holiday Cheer in Elf
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:22 PM ET
While we all love Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, sometimes you want a holiday theater experience with comedy, exuberant elves and colorful dance numbers rather than ghosts, greed and guilt.
That's why the stage musical adaptation of the 2003 Will Ferell comedy Elf makes such a refreshing holiday production.
Granted, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig found Elf's songs and overall production lacking — in his opinion, it lacks the magical touches that could help it soar like Santa's sleigh. But even his Grinchy heart managed to grow a little bit by the final curtain, thanks in part to the talented cast and charming source material.
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series