Even a Grinch Can Find Holiday Cheer in Elf
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:22 PM ET
While we all love Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, sometimes you want a holiday theater experience with comedy, exuberant elves and colorful dance numbers rather than ghosts, greed and guilt.
That's why the stage musical adaptation of the 2003 Will Ferell comedy Elf makes such a refreshing holiday production.
Granted, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig found Elf's songs and overall production lacking — in his opinion, it lacks the magical touches that could help it soar like Santa's sleigh. But even his Grinchy heart managed to grow a little bit by the final curtain, thanks in part to the talented cast and charming source material.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- BREAKING: Michael Sam Signed to Montreal Alouettes
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- EXCLUSIVE: A Chat With Pop Legend Dionne Warwick and Her Granddaughter Cheyenne Elliott