Even a Grinch Can Find Holiday Cheer in Elf
BY Daniel Villarreal
December 12 2012 4:22 PM ET
While we all love Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, sometimes you want a holiday theater experience with comedy, exuberant elves and colorful dance numbers rather than ghosts, greed and guilt.
That's why the stage musical adaptation of the 2003 Will Ferell comedy Elf makes such a refreshing holiday production.
Granted, Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig found Elf's songs and overall production lacking — in his opinion, it lacks the magical touches that could help it soar like Santa's sleigh. But even his Grinchy heart managed to grow a little bit by the final curtain, thanks in part to the talented cast and charming source material.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?