Seat Filler: Best NYC Theater of 2012
BY Brandon Voss
December 19 2012 4:14 PM ET
Cory Michael Smith’s irresistably spineless John was torn between two competitive lovers, Jason Butler Harner and Amanda Quaid as M and F, in Mike Bartlett’s Olivier Award-winning comedy, which raised but appropriately failed to answer questions about bisexuality: Isn’t who more important than what? James Macdonald urgently staged the verbal combat in the round, which invested the rapt audience like an exhilaratingly tense sporting event.
The Duke, closed.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics WATCH: Obama's Morehouse Commencement Speech Name-Checks Gay Rights 53 min 30 sec ago
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City 1 hour 14 min ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' 1 hour 23 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality 1 hour 50 min ago
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay 2 hours 1 min ago
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 2 hours 48 min ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 2 hours 50 min ago