Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for February 2013
BY Brandon Voss
February 05 2013 10:00 AM ET
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
In Rob Ashford's attractive revival of Tennessee Williams's classic family drama, Scarlett Johansson's magnetic Maggie is unlike anything you've seen her do â€” even if she sometimes comes off like a 40-year-old drag queen. You'll survive three acts and two intermissions for Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson's Benjamin Walker as Maggie's maybe-gay husband Brick, a buff and bitter boozer haunted by the death of his, er, best buddy.
Richard Rodgers Theatre, through March 30.
Roundabout's remarkably enchanting revival of William Inge's sturdy 1953 drama stars Sebastian Stan â€” who memorably played gay in Political Animals and Kings â€” as a sexy young drifter who stirs up passion and longing in a small Midwestern town. Look beyond Stanâ€™s glistening torso and find a relevant exploration of physical beauty and a peerless ensemble that includes Ellen Burstyn, Mare Winningham, and Lostâ€™s luminous Maggie Grace.
American Airlines Theatre, through February 24.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 34 min 38 sec ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM