Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for February 2013
BY Brandon Voss
February 05 2013 9:00 AM ET
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
In Rob Ashford's attractive revival of Tennessee Williams's classic family drama, Scarlett Johansson's magnetic Maggie is unlike anything you've seen her do — even if she sometimes comes off like a 40-year-old drag queen. You'll survive three acts and two intermissions for Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson's Benjamin Walker as Maggie's maybe-gay husband Brick, a buff and bitter boozer haunted by the death of his, er, best buddy.
Richard Rodgers Theatre, through March 30.
Roundabout's remarkably enchanting revival of William Inge's sturdy 1953 drama stars Sebastian Stan — who memorably played gay in Political Animals and Kings — as a sexy young drifter who stirs up passion and longing in a small Midwestern town. Look beyond Stan’s glistening torso and find a relevant exploration of physical beauty and a peerless ensemble that includes Ellen Burstyn, Mare Winningham, and Lost’s luminous Maggie Grace.
American Airlines Theatre, through February 24.
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM