Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for February 2013
BY Brandon Voss
February 05 2013 9:00 AM ET
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
In Rob Ashford's attractive revival of Tennessee Williams's classic family drama, Scarlett Johansson's magnetic Maggie is unlike anything you've seen her do — even if she sometimes comes off like a 40-year-old drag queen. You'll survive three acts and two intermissions for Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson's Benjamin Walker as Maggie's maybe-gay husband Brick, a buff and bitter boozer haunted by the death of his, er, best buddy.
Richard Rodgers Theatre, through March 30.
Roundabout's remarkably enchanting revival of William Inge's sturdy 1953 drama stars Sebastian Stan — who memorably played gay in Political Animals and Kings — as a sexy young drifter who stirs up passion and longing in a small Midwestern town. Look beyond Stan’s glistening torso and find a relevant exploration of physical beauty and a peerless ensemble that includes Ellen Burstyn, Mare Winningham, and Lost’s luminous Maggie Grace.
American Airlines Theatre, through February 24.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: How a Symbol Changed Hearts and Minds
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- The Daily Show's Gaywatch, Feat. Ian McKellen, Rick Santorum, and Cardinal Dolan
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 13 min 59 sec ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 21 min 38 sec ago
- Entertainment News Knockout Game: Don Lemon Manhandled By Black Belt Rabbi on CNN 1 hour 12 min ago
- Travel An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow 1 hour 32 min ago
- Parenting Israel Set to Grant Gay Men Adoption Tax Benefits 1 hour 44 min ago
- Sports Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team 1 hour 45 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Trans Game Designer Is Bringing Diversity to Digital Realm 7:00 AM