The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Google — Google put the pressure on its competitors in 2010 when it adopted a “grossing up” policy, further compensating its many gay employees for the additional taxes they face. “I would expect Google’s competitors for employees to feel the most pressure to enact the same policy,” says M.V. Lee Badgett, research director for the Williams Institute and a professor of economics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Mormon Missionary Positions