N.C. Businessman Calls Out Large Donors
BY Josh Hinkle
April 04 2012 4:12 PM ET
Bob Page, a business owner in Greensboro, N.C., has called on large donors to LGBT causes to speak out and fund the fight against North Carolina's Amendment One, which would amend the state's constitution to ban any relationship recognition for same-sex couples.
"If you want to win this, understand that we have a lot more educating to do, that we need to do that on TV and radio, and that it's going to take a lot more money," Page tells Pam's House Blend. "We need everybody to dig deep and give until it hurts."
Page says many supporters of initiatives to spread equality in California and New York are not stepping up to help with North Carolina's fight.
Page is hopeful that Amendment One will not be successful. "I really believe that if we can win this battle in North Carolina the impact would ripple across the country," he said. "If we could defeat this amendment next month it would send a message that this game, trying to stop marriage equality, is over."
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent