N.C. Businessman Calls Out Large Donors
BY Josh Hinkle
April 04 2012 3:12 PM ET
Bob Page, a business owner in Greensboro, N.C., has called on large donors to LGBT causes to speak out and fund the fight against North Carolina's Amendment One, which would amend the state's constitution to ban any relationship recognition for same-sex couples.
"If you want to win this, understand that we have a lot more educating to do, that we need to do that on TV and radio, and that it's going to take a lot more money," Page tells Pam's House Blend. "We need everybody to dig deep and give until it hurts."
Page says many supporters of initiatives to spread equality in California and New York are not stepping up to help with North Carolina's fight.
Page is hopeful that Amendment One will not be successful. "I really believe that if we can win this battle in North Carolina the impact would ripple across the country," he said. "If we could defeat this amendment next month it would send a message that this game, trying to stop marriage equality, is over."
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 33 min 39 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 59 min 27 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 4 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 27 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 31 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 35 min ago