N.C. Businessman Calls Out Large Donors
BY Josh Hinkle
April 04 2012 3:12 PM ET
Bob Page, a business owner in Greensboro, N.C., has called on large donors to LGBT causes to speak out and fund the fight against North Carolina's Amendment One, which would amend the state's constitution to ban any relationship recognition for same-sex couples.
"If you want to win this, understand that we have a lot more educating to do, that we need to do that on TV and radio, and that it's going to take a lot more money," Page tells Pam's House Blend. "We need everybody to dig deep and give until it hurts."
Page says many supporters of initiatives to spread equality in California and New York are not stepping up to help with North Carolina's fight.
Page is hopeful that Amendment One will not be successful. "I really believe that if we can win this battle in North Carolina the impact would ripple across the country," he said. "If we could defeat this amendment next month it would send a message that this game, trying to stop marriage equality, is over."
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 10:00 AM
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM