More Pro-Gay Action at Target
BY Neal Broverman
July 16 2012 4:11 PM ET
Following up on its recent decision to sell equality-minded T-shirts that benefit a gay rights group, Target is now selling cards for same-sex weddings.
Made by a unit of American Greetings, the cards bear the titles "Mr. and Mr." and "Women. Love," and are now available at the national retailer, which is based in Minnesota. Target representatives say the cards are reflective of their appreciation for diversity and inclusivity (as opposed to making up for the company's controversial 2010 donation to Tom Emmer, a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate who opposes same-sex marriage and ended up losing the election).
Antigay groups gearing up for Minnesota's November referendum on same-sex marriage are upset with Target's decision to sell the cards and T-shirts, the latter of which benefit the Family Equality Council. Even with the gay-themed products, Target has not officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples