More Pro-Gay Action at Target
BY Neal Broverman
July 16 2012 4:11 PM ET
Following up on its recent decision to sell equality-minded T-shirts that benefit a gay rights group, Target is now selling cards for same-sex weddings.
Made by a unit of American Greetings, the cards bear the titles "Mr. and Mr." and "Women. Love," and are now available at the national retailer, which is based in Minnesota. Target representatives say the cards are reflective of their appreciation for diversity and inclusivity (as opposed to making up for the company's controversial 2010 donation to Tom Emmer, a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate who opposes same-sex marriage and ended up losing the election).
Antigay groups gearing up for Minnesota's November referendum on same-sex marriage are upset with Target's decision to sell the cards and T-shirts, the latter of which benefit the Family Equality Council. Even with the gay-themed products, Target has not officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- PHOTOS: Cyndi Lauper and Friends Work to Bring LGBT Homeless Youth Home for the Holidays
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM