More Pro-Gay Action at Target
BY Neal Broverman
July 16 2012 4:11 PM ET
Following up on its recent decision to sell equality-minded T-shirts that benefit a gay rights group, Target is now selling cards for same-sex weddings.
Made by a unit of American Greetings, the cards bear the titles "Mr. and Mr." and "Women. Love," and are now available at the national retailer, which is based in Minnesota. Target representatives say the cards are reflective of their appreciation for diversity and inclusivity (as opposed to making up for the company's controversial 2010 donation to Tom Emmer, a Minnesota gubernatorial candidate who opposes same-sex marriage and ended up losing the election).
Antigay groups gearing up for Minnesota's November referendum on same-sex marriage are upset with Target's decision to sell the cards and T-shirts, the latter of which benefit the Family Equality Council. Even with the gay-themed products, Target has not officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! 2 hours 42 min ago
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC Event 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest 4:34 PM