Small-Business Owners Support Antibias Laws
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 10:23 PM ET
A majority of U.S. small-business owners support laws protecting LGBT workers from discrimination, according to a survey by a group called Small Business Majority.
Two thirds of respondents said there should be a federal ban on employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and in states without such antidiscrimination laws, seven in 10 were in favor of enacting them. More than 80% didn’t realize there is not currently a federal law against this type of discrimination.
Many also said they believe an open and accepting environment is good for business.
The survey, released this week, was conducted for the group in April by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research. Read more here.
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM