Small-Business Owners Support Antibias Laws
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 9:23 PM ET
A majority of U.S. small-business owners support laws protecting LGBT workers from discrimination, according to a survey by a group called Small Business Majority.
Two thirds of respondents said there should be a federal ban on employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and in states without such antidiscrimination laws, seven in 10 were in favor of enacting them. More than 80% didn’t realize there is not currently a federal law against this type of discrimination.
Many also said they believe an open and accepting environment is good for business.
The survey, released this week, was conducted for the group in April by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research. Read more here.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'