13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 09 2013 4:49 PM ET
Sure, Verizon's best-known gay connection is probably out actor Paul Macarelli's "Test Man," who trotted the globe asking customers "Can you hear me now?" and was reportedly told to keep closeted while he played the iconic ad character. But since then, Verizon has stepped up its LGBT-inclusive policies, and it once again earned a perfect score from HRC — even though the company didn't respond to a Change.org petition last year launched by Zach Wahls to stop funding the Boy Scouts of America until the BSA changed its gay-exclusionary policies.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series