13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 09 2013 4:49 PM ET
Sure, Verizon's best-known gay connection is probably out actor Paul Macarelli's "Test Man," who trotted the globe asking customers "Can you hear me now?" and was reportedly told to keep closeted while he played the iconic ad character. But since then, Verizon has stepped up its LGBT-inclusive policies, and it once again earned a perfect score from HRC — even though the company didn't respond to a Change.org petition last year launched by Zach Wahls to stop funding the Boy Scouts of America until the BSA changed its gay-exclusionary policies.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People