13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 09 2013 4:49 PM ET
Sure, Verizon's best-known gay connection is probably out actor Paul Macarelli's "Test Man," who trotted the globe asking customers "Can you hear me now?" and was reportedly told to keep closeted while he played the iconic ad character. But since then, Verizon has stepped up its LGBT-inclusive policies, and it once again earned a perfect score from HRC — even though the company didn't respond to a Change.org petition last year launched by Zach Wahls to stop funding the Boy Scouts of America until the BSA changed its gay-exclusionary policies.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality