It’s About the Bottom Line
BY Mike Hofman
September 09 2008 11:00 PM ET
Estée Lauder New York CityFinancial snapshot: The cosmetics company ended its
2008 fiscal year in August with $7.91 billion in net
sales, an increase of 12% over 2007.
company in a gay-friendly industry, Estée
Lauder’s stock surged in August thanks to
strong international sales. As the dollar regains
ground against the euro, sales could stall. But for now the
company that owns Aveda, Clinique, and M.A.C. is in a strong
Kimpton Hotels San FranciscoFinancial snapshot: The hotel group is on track to
gross $600 million again this year.
beneficiary of the strong euro, the boutique hotel company
plans to open 15 additional hotels in major
metropolitan areas in 2009, on top of the 42
properties it operates at present. And unlike some of the
employers on this list, Kimpton typically has positions
available for workers at all levels in terms of skills
Intel Santa Clara, Calif.Financial snapshot: In July the computer chip maker
announced second-quarter revenue of $9.5 billion, up
9% from the second quarter of 2007.
After a few bad
years in which its sales and stock price dipped, Intel
has been rebounding of late, thanks to strong growth in
demand for tiny microprocessors for notebook computers
and for mobile devices.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 1 hour 5 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 1 hour 56 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 2 hours 4 min ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 2 hours 45 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM