Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
The economy may be slowly recovering, but young professionals still see the world as their oyster. In a Universum survey asking 10,000 U.S. job seekers with less than eight years of work experience where their dream job would be, tech giants and government agencies dominated the field (Facebook was the write-in winner of the survey). But what does this mean for young gays wanting to make their stamp in the professional world? The Advocate checked out the top ten companies to see if they pull their weight with gay employees.
Note: The government agencies and nonprofits on the list are not scored in the Human Rights Campaign's index, as those rankings are solely for corporate employers.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Jeremy Irons Says He's Not Antigay But Made 'Valid' Case
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 20 min 30 sec ago
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 45 min 24 sec ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 56 min 7 sec ago
- Youth Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business 1 hour 44 sec ago
- Youth Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids 1 hour 16 min ago
- Theater See Which Hunk Won the 2013 Broadway Beauty Pageant 1 hour 20 min ago
- Politicians Harvey Milk Day: First Park in Nation Named for Rights Pioneer 1 hour 33 min ago