Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 7:10 PM ET
The economy may be slowly recovering, but young professionals still see the world as their oyster. In a Universum survey asking 10,000 U.S. job seekers with less than eight years of work experience where their dream job would be, tech giants and government agencies dominated the field (Facebook was the write-in winner of the survey). But what does this mean for young gays wanting to make their stamp in the professional world? The Advocate checked out the top ten companies to see if they pull their weight with gay employees.
Note: The government agencies and nonprofits on the list are not scored in the Human Rights Campaign's index, as those rankings are solely for corporate employers.
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally