Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
In 1990 a college senior from Princeton turned her idea to help educate inner-city youth into reality when she raised $2.5 million to get the cream of the collegiate crop into some of the least successful school districts in the country instead of cushy desk gigs. Wendy Kopp's nonprofit, Teach for America, has grown to serve more than 3 million young people in 39 areas with poor schools.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'