Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
In 1990 a college senior from Princeton turned her idea to help educate inner-city youth into reality when she raised $2.5 million to get the cream of the collegiate crop into some of the least successful school districts in the country instead of cushy desk gigs. Wendy Kopp's nonprofit, Teach for America, has grown to serve more than 3 million young people in 39 areas with poor schools.
- Why Are We Gay?
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Spain Is Winning the Gay Tourist Dollar War