Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
In 1990 a college senior from Princeton turned her idea to help educate inner-city youth into reality when she raised $2.5 million to get the cream of the collegiate crop into some of the least successful school districts in the country instead of cushy desk gigs. Wendy Kopp's nonprofit, Teach for America, has grown to serve more than 3 million young people in 39 areas with poor schools.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback