Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
6. Federal Bureau of Investigation — Washington, D.C.
There's so much dubious yet interesting gay history at the FBI. J. Edgar Hoover, allegedly one of the highest-ranking gay men in government during his tenure (1935-1972), ruled crime-fighting but was known to have been closer with his right-hand man, Clyde Tolson, than anyone else. But now the FBI investigates and keeps track of hate crimes against LGBT people and performs raids on antigay figures. And there are probably old dossiers with juicy info about old gangsters that would be hilarious dinner party fodder.
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Lack of Competent Providers Leaves Many LGBTs Uninsured & Untreated