Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'