Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: Will Ian McKellen Marry Derek Jacobi?
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation