Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 7:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 27 min 5 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 2 hours 21 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair 12:13 AM