Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust