Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion