Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 7:10 PM ET
5. Amazon — Seattle.
HRC Equality Index Score: 95
As mom-and-pop bookshops and massive chains like Borders shutter across the country, there's no secret that survey takers would want to be on Amazon's good side — in January it announced its fourth-quarter sales were up 36%, while Borders filed for bankruptcy weeks later. The dominant online seller is the only corporate employer on the list that does not receive a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, as it lacks training for acceptance and awareness of transgender employees.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally