Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
4. U.S. State Department — Washington, D.C.
The department led by Secretary Hillary Clinton is one of the most coveted employers and is ranked the seventh best place to work in the U.S. government. Furthermore, Clinton's leadership has only led to more inclusion and rights for its gay diplomats and office workers. The department celebrates Gay Pride Month every June, and gay diplomats can now enjoy the same benefits heterosexual ones have when it comes to traveling with their significant others. In its reports on human rights and foreign affairs in other countries, the department regularly covers LGBT people and speaks out against antigay governments.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt