Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
4. U.S. State Department — Washington, D.C.
The department led by Secretary Hillary Clinton is one of the most coveted employers and is ranked the seventh best place to work in the U.S. government. Furthermore, Clinton's leadership has only led to more inclusion and rights for its gay diplomats and office workers. The department celebrates Gay Pride Month every June, and gay diplomats can now enjoy the same benefits heterosexual ones have when it comes to traveling with their significant others. In its reports on human rights and foreign affairs in other countries, the department regularly covers LGBT people and speaks out against antigay governments.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message