Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
4. U.S. State Department — Washington, D.C.
The department led by Secretary Hillary Clinton is one of the most coveted employers and is ranked the seventh best place to work in the U.S. government. Furthermore, Clinton's leadership has only led to more inclusion and rights for its gay diplomats and office workers. The department celebrates Gay Pride Month every June, and gay diplomats can now enjoy the same benefits heterosexual ones have when it comes to traveling with their significant others. In its reports on human rights and foreign affairs in other countries, the department regularly covers LGBT people and speaks out against antigay governments.
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media