Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. Apple — Cupertino, Calif.
HRC Equality Index Score: 100
The iPhone producer does incur controversy over which apps it allows in its system, depending on whether they're too sexually explicit or too antigay. But Mac lovers will doggedly fight to defend the form and function of Apple computers and products. Perhaps they also like operating systems that support their freedom to marry — in 2008, Apple donated $100,000 to fight Proposition 8.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- WATCH: Gay of Thrones Episode 2: Joffrey's Quinceañera