Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
2. Apple — Cupertino, Calif.
HRC Equality Index Score: 100
The iPhone producer does incur controversy over which apps it allows in its system, depending on whether they're too sexually explicit or too antigay. But Mac lovers will doggedly fight to defend the form and function of Apple computers and products. Perhaps they also like operating systems that support their freedom to marry — in 2008, Apple donated $100,000 to fight Proposition 8.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Op-ed: Let's Not Report on Michael Sam's Showering Habits