BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2010 11:20 PM ET
IGLOBE (the Intel Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgender Employees) is an Intel-chartered Employee Group that exists to provide a forum for Intel employees in affirmation of Intel’s commitment to equality, diversity and making Intel a Great Place to Work.
IGLOBE’s meetings and activities are focused on many aspects of outreach and education for the purposes of employee networking, breaking isolation and providing support in the work environment, and working with the company to promote Intel Values.
IGLOBE seeks to assist its members and the company at large to address issues of isolation and ensure that the most productive environment possible exists for all employees. Alisa Brewster, a finance analyst at Intel appreciates that she no longer feels the isolation or fear at work, stating “I feel a part of the team and I can concentrate on my job. Being a part of IGLOBE is just another part of the sense of community that I’ve found at Intel”.
A few IGLOBE accomplishments include:
- Teaching “A Walk in My Shoes” – an interactive workshop to educate managers on workplace issues that concern LGBT employees
- Visiting local high school Gay/Straight Alliance clubs to talk about careers in high-tech and how to find LGBT-friendly colleges and employers
- Working with Intel Involved to Adopt-a-family to support LGBT or AIDS-affected individuals during the holidays
As a founding member of IGLOBE, Dave Hughes has seen great progress made for LGBT employees, “I feel that people are more empowered now to become involved and many people have learned that it’s ok to bring their entire “self” to work”, he says.
In addition to internal employee support, Intel also supports numerous LGBT –owned businesses as part of their Supplier Diversity Program. Intel was a founding corporate member of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM