Wells Fargo Advisors
BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:45 AM ET
At Wells Fargo Advisors, we donâ€™t believe in cookie-cutter solutions when it comes to helping our clients achieve their financial goals. Each investor has different priorities as well as different needsâ€” and we realize that same-sex couples and LGBT individuals often have added concerns and questions around their unique financial situation. We know, for example, that wealth management, retirement and legacy planning are challenges for everyone; but, for our LGBT clients, those challenges often are greater and more complicated. So we tailor our products and services to meet those needs.
Thatâ€™s why we partnered with the College for Financial Planning to develop the Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM (ADPASM) program. Wells Fargo Financial Advisors who earn this designation are well-equipped to work with LGBT clients to develop a thoughtful approach to meeting their financial goals.
Armed with additional knowledge gained through this certification program, our Financial Advisors can provide domestic partners with guidance on key issues such as joint ownership of property, beneficiary designations, trust services, and other arrangements.
Since 1852, Wells Fargo has been committed to providing outstanding service to help all of our customers become financially successful, and to providing an outstanding work place for all team members. Weâ€™re proud that our commitment to diversity began when we opened our doors.
Our efforts in the LGBT community are part of a broader commitment to diversity â€“ to serve diverse customers, to hire and retain diverse team members and to encourage team members to value and respect each other for their differences.
Creation of the ADPASM program furthers that commitment by providing a network of more than 15,000 Financial Advisors* with the necessary tools and information to address the needs of the LGBT community, and it reflects Wells Fargoâ€™s and Wells Fargo Advisorsâ€™ determination to always do what is right for clients â€“ all of our clients.
Visit us at wellsfargoadvisors.com/adpa to find an ADPASM certified Financial Advisor near you.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 1 min 48 sec ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 33 min 8 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 2 hours 48 min ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 3:30 PM
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 3:18 PM
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 3:02 PM