Wells Fargo Advisors
BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2010 11:45 PM ET
At Wells Fargo Advisors, we don’t believe in cookie-cutter solutions when it comes to helping our clients achieve their financial goals. Each investor has different priorities as well as different needs— and we realize that same-sex couples and LGBT individuals often have added concerns and questions around their unique financial situation. We know, for example, that wealth management, retirement and legacy planning are challenges for everyone; but, for our LGBT clients, those challenges often are greater and more complicated. So we tailor our products and services to meet those needs.
That’s why we partnered with the College for Financial Planning to develop the Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM (ADPASM) program. Wells Fargo Financial Advisors who earn this designation are well-equipped to work with LGBT clients to develop a thoughtful approach to meeting their financial goals.
Armed with additional knowledge gained through this certification program, our Financial Advisors can provide domestic partners with guidance on key issues such as joint ownership of property, beneficiary designations, trust services, and other arrangements.
Since 1852, Wells Fargo has been committed to providing outstanding service to help all of our customers become financially successful, and to providing an outstanding work place for all team members. We’re proud that our commitment to diversity began when we opened our doors.
Our efforts in the LGBT community are part of a broader commitment to diversity – to serve diverse customers, to hire and retain diverse team members and to encourage team members to value and respect each other for their differences.
Creation of the ADPASM program furthers that commitment by providing a network of more than 15,000 Financial Advisors* with the necessary tools and information to address the needs of the LGBT community, and it reflects Wells Fargo’s and Wells Fargo Advisors’ determination to always do what is right for clients – all of our clients.
Visit us at wellsfargoadvisors.com/adpa to find an ADPASM certified Financial Advisor near you.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 1 hour 10 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 1 hour 11 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM