BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 4:00 AM ET
Community is important.
It becomes your family, your friends and your home. Thatâ€™s why Wells Fargo is committed to working with the LGBT community to promote financial stability and growth. Through grants, sponsorships and volunteer activities, we actively support programs and nonprofit organizations serving the LGBT community.
Over the last 25 years, Wells Fargo has strengthened this commitment through sustained community outreach, including relationships with:
â€˘ Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network
â€˘ Human Rights Campaign
â€˘ National Center for Lesbian Rights
â€˘ National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
â€˘ Out & Equal Workplace Advocates
We are committed to providing financial education to help LGBT individuals, families and businesses on their path toward financial success. We understand that LGBT customers may require specific expertise as it relates to their finances, so we tailor our financial products and services to these needs:
Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM. With the College for Financial Planning, Wells Fargo Advisors developed and launched the Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor (ADPASM) program in 2009. Financial Advisors who have earned this certification are able to offer LGBT clients guidance on key domestic partnership issues, including joint ownership of property, beneficiary designations, trust services, and other arrangements.
â€śThe Advocate Money Minuteâ€ť presented by Wells Fargo. With Advocate.com, Wells Fargo bankers and financial advisors offer perspective and advice on various financial topics important to the LGBT community.
LGBT Financial Guides. This comprehensive educational resource was created to cover topics such as money management, homeownership, starting a business, and estate planning guidance for gays and lesbians.
Support for small business. Wells Fargo is the No. 1 small business lender in the U.S.1 and is committed to helping LGBT business owners access capital and financial resources. In 2004, we became the first financial institution to join the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
Wells Fargo is only as strong as the communities we serve and we look forward to serving the LGBT community for years to come.
To learn more, visit wellsfargo.com/lgbt.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 34 min 45 sec ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 48 min 46 sec ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 1 hour 1 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 1 hour 6 min ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 1 hour 7 min ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 1 hour 16 min ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 1 hour 23 min ago