Send a Little Gay Couple With Your Text
BY Trudy Ring
June 15 2012 8:05 PM ET
The next version of Apple’s software for the iPad and iPhone will let you send little icons of same-sex couples with your text messages and emails.
The iOS 6 operating system, due out later this year, will have “emojis” — small icons, similar to emoticons — of two men holding hands and two women holding hands, tech website Gizmodo reports. Only male-female couples had been portrayed previously.
Apple, long known as an LGBT-friendly company, offered a preview of the software at a conference in San Francisco this week.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2
- A Letter to My Partners
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 16 min 7 sec ago
- Russia WATCH: Moscow LGBT Demonstrators Attacked 18 min 38 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer Thanks Female Partner at Canadian Film Awards 31 min 12 sec ago
- Music Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia 34 min 59 sec ago
- Religion Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues 36 min 53 sec ago
- Theater PHOTOS: Terrence McNally's Mothers and Sons 1 hour 23 min ago
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 1 hour 38 min ago