Send a Little Gay Couple With Your Text
BY Trudy Ring
June 15 2012 8:05 PM ET
The next version of Apple’s software for the iPad and iPhone will let you send little icons of same-sex couples with your text messages and emails.
The iOS 6 operating system, due out later this year, will have “emojis” — small icons, similar to emoticons — of two men holding hands and two women holding hands, tech website Gizmodo reports. Only male-female couples had been portrayed previously.
Apple, long known as an LGBT-friendly company, offered a preview of the software at a conference in San Francisco this week.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- NYT Columnist Charles Blow on Being Labeled Bisexual
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene