Send a Little Gay Couple With Your Text
BY Trudy Ring
June 15 2012 8:05 PM ET
The next version of Apple’s software for the iPad and iPhone will let you send little icons of same-sex couples with your text messages and emails.
The iOS 6 operating system, due out later this year, will have “emojis” — small icons, similar to emoticons — of two men holding hands and two women holding hands, tech website Gizmodo reports. Only male-female couples had been portrayed previously.
Apple, long known as an LGBT-friendly company, offered a preview of the software at a conference in San Francisco this week.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition