BY Michelle Garcia
October 13 2009 2:10 PM ET
And then got up early and met at McPherson Square at the Farragut Statue. We had the Theatre Union, the Actors Union and we had actors, writers and producers, and all sorts of comedians and singers. It was wonderful. And we marched with our large Screen Actor’s Guild sign and it was just really amazing. It went for almost three miles. People recognized us from all over the country, so we were taking pictures and videos, it was almost like this incredibly, large opening of this incredible film.
When I got to the rally I just kept walking towards the front and I didn’t have a pass for backstage. I didn’t think to get one. I was standing there and people kept recognizing me. A volunteer said, "what are you doing here?" This gal gave me a pass, Ashley Love. She gave me a pass and I went backstage.
What was interesting was that everyone who we see at all these events, Bruce Cohen and his husband, Dustin Lance Black, Doria Biddle and Frank DeCaro from Sirius Radio, Michelle Clooney from Queer as Folk -- everybody that we see at all of these events in Los Angeles was now here. It's interesting. It is always the same people who are showing up and that was sort of a nice warm feeling.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus 8 min 1 sec ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 8 min 10 sec ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 49 min 53 sec ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 2 hours 24 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 3:34 PM
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 3:17 PM
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 3:09 PM