BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 20 2011 6:15 PM ET
Is it true that you went to an all female college?
Yes, Lasell in Newton, Mass. It's coed now and much bigger. I would lo-o-ove to go back there and do a show! I keep writing to them, but no response. Hmm ...
Where do you see the acceptance of transgender individuals going within the next 10 years?
In the next 10 years, I imagine more acceptance and safety for trans kids coming out and being loved and supported by their family, friends, and schools. My girlfriend's mother is an elementary/middle school principal in Maine, and their school is reworking school policies to be more inclusive of trans kids and their needs. She ran some stuff by me and was interested in my feedback. This was really exciting news for me to hear coming from a rural town in my home state of Maine! It makes me really hopeful. I also imagine more legislation being passed with great organizations like the Transgender Law Center to protect trans folks rights in nondiscrimination laws around employment, housing, and health care. I imagine that if we did a check-in 10 years from now, there will be tremendous growth in these areas of change.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 16 min 19 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 18 min 20 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 18 min 49 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 27 min 49 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 37 min 40 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 47 min 5 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 35 min ago