The One-Woman Show
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
July 26 2011 3:10 PM ET
Who is one of your major influences that inspired you to take a shot in the entertainment business?
I started by doing Bette Midler impersonations in the '80s. I know — I only look 30. I loved Bette, and everyone said I reminded them of her. So I became a female female impersonator. I entered a contest with all the other drag queens at a bar and I won, and the next thing you know, I was booked at gay clubs and house parties. That is how my stage career started. I was an executive at a company by day, Bette Midler by night!
Other than comedy, are you pursuing any other endeavors?
I do travel a lot doing comedy, but I would like to pursue performing my one-woman show that I am writing. I also write for shows. I would also like to get back to pursuing acting. But my biggest goal is to win the lottery, then stay home and watch Law & Order all day!
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM