The One-Woman Show
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
July 26 2011 2:10 PM ET
Who is one of your major influences that inspired you to take a shot in the entertainment business?
I started by doing Bette Midler impersonations in the '80s. I know — I only look 30. I loved Bette, and everyone said I reminded them of her. So I became a female female impersonator. I entered a contest with all the other drag queens at a bar and I won, and the next thing you know, I was booked at gay clubs and house parties. That is how my stage career started. I was an executive at a company by day, Bette Midler by night!
Other than comedy, are you pursuing any other endeavors?
I do travel a lot doing comedy, but I would like to pursue performing my one-woman show that I am writing. I also write for shows. I would also like to get back to pursuing acting. But my biggest goal is to win the lottery, then stay home and watch Law & Order all day!
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM