7 Funny LGBT Comics You Shouldn’t Have Missed in 2011
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 17 2011 5:00 AM ET
“The thing that sucks about being trans is I am the only gay guy no other gay guys are attracted to. When I tell a gay guy I’m trans he says, ‘Awwww sweetie, I like real boys.’ What am I, Pinocchio?” —Jeffrey Jay on the perils of dating. Jay is a 24-year-old trans comedian in Dallas who does training and speaking at colleges to help address and spread awareness of trans issues. “My goal is to use comedy to expose people to trans issues,” he says. “I hope that when people watch me do my set they leave thinking, ‘Wow, I just saw a trans person for the first time and he was normal and funny.’”
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either