BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 6:50 PM ET
The Internet has unleashed a resounding mocking of Texas Governor Rick Perry for the antigay television ad he's airing in Iowa, as announced this week. In the ad, Perry says, "There's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in
the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in
Perry starts the ad, titled "Strong," by saying, "I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian." And that is the jumping off point for for many riffs, both credited and anonymous, on his message. Here's our roundup of some of the backlash. See one you like out there that we've missed? Let us know in the comments section.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps