Stephen Colbert Rips Rick Perry for Antigay Ad
BY Lucas Grindley
December 09 2011 1:15 PM ET
Comedian Stephen Colbert ripped Rick Perry's new antigay ad on his show Thursday night.
"It is still anybody's game here," Colbert warned front-runner Newt Gingrich before mocking Perry for his "great new ad."
The ad, which is being run in Iowa, claims it's unfair that gays can come out in the military while Christians supposedly must hide their beliefs during Christmas.
"Yes, Governor Perry is right, thanks to the gays, our children can't openly celebrate the birth of our savior in school and yet these gays in the military can openly celebrate their favorite holiday — being away from their family risking their lives in Afghanistan."
The segment ends with a kiss under the mistletoe between two surprise guests. Watch it below.
(RELATED: Rick Perry-odies Sweep Across the Internet)
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings