Stephen Colbert Rips Rick Perry for Antigay Ad
BY Lucas Grindley
December 09 2011 1:15 PM ET
Comedian Stephen Colbert ripped Rick Perry's new antigay ad on his show Thursday night.
"It is still anybody's game here," Colbert warned front-runner Newt Gingrich before mocking Perry for his "great new ad."
The ad, which is being run in Iowa, claims it's unfair that gays can come out in the military while Christians supposedly must hide their beliefs during Christmas.
"Yes, Governor Perry is right, thanks to the gays, our children can't openly celebrate the birth of our savior in school and yet these gays in the military can openly celebrate their favorite holiday — being away from their family risking their lives in Afghanistan."
The segment ends with a kiss under the mistletoe between two surprise guests. Watch it below.
(RELATED: Rick Perry-odies Sweep Across the Internet)
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM