Rosie to Letterman: You Appear to Be Antigay
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 12 2011 1:45 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell has fired back at fellow comedian-talk show host David Letterman's jokes about her engagement, commenting on his recent sex scandal and suggesting he might be antigay.
Last Tuesday night, following the announcement of O'Donnell's engagement to Michelle Rounds, Letterman joked, "The woman she is marrying, her fiancee, was driving ... and her car broke down. And guess what happened? Rosie pulls up right behind her in her tow truck."
Friday night on OWN's The Rosie Show, O'Donnell wondered what prompted Letterman to resort to making such a stereotypical crack. "Why is that, Dave?" she asks. "Why? I don't remember making fun of you when you had sex with all your interns, Dave. I didn't do that. I didn't make fun of your rampant, throbbing heterosexuality, did I Dave?"
O'Donnell then riffed on a familiar Letterman trademark—his top ten list—when she gave her top five reasons why she refuses to appear on his show. Included among them are:
"Dave, when you had that heart surgery, you shouldn't have told the doctors to take out the whole thing" and "Not only do you appear to be antigay, you're anti-tow trucker."
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'