Rosie to Letterman: You Appear to Be Antigay
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 12 2011 1:45 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell has fired back at fellow comedian-talk show host David Letterman's jokes about her engagement, commenting on his recent sex scandal and suggesting he might be antigay.
Last Tuesday night, following the announcement of O'Donnell's engagement to Michelle Rounds, Letterman joked, "The woman she is marrying, her fiancee, was driving ... and her car broke down. And guess what happened? Rosie pulls up right behind her in her tow truck."
Friday night on OWN's The Rosie Show, O'Donnell wondered what prompted Letterman to resort to making such a stereotypical crack. "Why is that, Dave?" she asks. "Why? I don't remember making fun of you when you had sex with all your interns, Dave. I didn't do that. I didn't make fun of your rampant, throbbing heterosexuality, did I Dave?"
O'Donnell then riffed on a familiar Letterman trademark—his top ten list—when she gave her top five reasons why she refuses to appear on his show. Included among them are:
"Dave, when you had that heart surgery, you shouldn't have told the doctors to take out the whole thing" and "Not only do you appear to be antigay, you're anti-tow trucker."
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- The Golden Age of Denial: Gay Bible Porn
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur