No Sexy Santas, Ever!
BY Christopher Harrity
December 15 2012 10:35 AM ET
It probably started with Tom of Finland. A roguish grin, giant hairy pecs and a Santa suit. It was down hill from there to the Boston Santa Speedo run — a charity run of more than 500 men and women in inappropriate running gear and Santa accessories trampling the innocence of Santa Claus for children everywhere.
Now there are sleazy half-naked Santa greeting cards, Santa-themed strippers, and even Hollywood got in on the sexualization of St. Nick.
Kids, it's just wrong. We should't be thinking about Santa's stuff down there. That's for Mrs. Claus only. Yes, he's a bear, but not that kind of bear.
Herewith, a guide in gallery form of the defilement of a treasured holiday icon.
The tipping point. Tom of Finland was a talented artist of course, but remember, he also thought Nazis were hot. For more of this kind of degradation, go to the Tom of Finland Foundation (but only view from the seclusion of your own home).
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 1 hour 59 min ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 2 hours 50 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 9:27 AM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM