No Sexy Santas, Ever!
BY Christopher Harrity
December 15 2012 10:35 AM ET
A few years back, the Beverly Center in Los Angeles contributed to the Chippendalification of the sacred Santa image by having a yearly event: Hunky Santa and the Candy Cane Girls. Ostensibly Mom (or in some cases Dad) could park the little moppet at American Girl and have a few drinks at the bar by the elevators. Then swing over to see sexy Santa and his overly sophisticated elves. Nearly naked Santa trapeze performers also horrified the right-minded. This indecency went on for nine years. Sanity finally reigned in 2011 and the event was cancelled.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 2 hours 12 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 2 hours 12 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 2 hours 16 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 2 hours 28 min ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 6:01 AM
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 6:00 AM
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM