No Sexy Santas, Ever!
BY Christopher Harrity
December 15 2012 10:35 AM ET
A few years back, the Beverly Center in Los Angeles contributed to the Chippendalification of the sacred Santa image by having a yearly event: Hunky Santa and the Candy Cane Girls. Ostensibly Mom (or in some cases Dad) could park the little moppet at American Girl and have a few drinks at the bar by the elevators. Then swing over to see sexy Santa and his overly sophisticated elves. Nearly naked Santa trapeze performers also horrified the right-minded. This indecency went on for nine years. Sanity finally reigned in 2011 and the event was cancelled.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: Having a Transgender Parent Helped Make My Sons Into Better Men
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt