6 Musical Suggestions for the Pope's Big Finale
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2013 12:17 PM ET
Here, on this last day before he becomes Mr. Ratzinger again, we note the exit of the most powerful and influential critic of LGBT people in the world. The man who has decried that homosexuality threatens the very existence of humankind. Here are a few suggestions for some show-stopping numbers to put some musical punctuation of a reign of hate.
Liza Minnelli, "Mein Herr," Cabaret
"You have to understand the way I am,
A tiger is a tiger, not a lamb.
You'll never turn the vinegar to jam,
So I do...
What I do...
When I'm through...
Then I'm through...
And I'm through...
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives