6 Musical Suggestions for the Pope's Big Finale
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2013 11:17 AM ET
Here, on this last day before he becomes Mr. Ratzinger again, we note the exit of the most powerful and influential critic of LGBT people in the world. The man who has decried that homosexuality threatens the very existence of humankind. Here are a few suggestions for some show-stopping numbers to put some musical punctuation of a reign of hate.
Liza Minnelli, "Mein Herr," Cabaret
"You have to understand the way I am,
A tiger is a tiger, not a lamb.
You'll never turn the vinegar to jam,
So I do...
What I do...
When I'm through...
Then I'm through...
And I'm through...
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out