6 Musical Suggestions for the Pope's Big Finale
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2013 12:17 PM ET
Here, on this last day before he becomes Mr. Ratzinger again, we note the exit of the most powerful and influential critic of LGBT people in the world. The man who has decried that homosexuality threatens the very existence of humankind. Here are a few suggestions for some show-stopping numbers to put some musical punctuation of a reign of hate.
Liza Minnelli, "Mein Herr," Cabaret
"You have to understand the way I am,
A tiger is a tiger, not a lamb.
You'll never turn the vinegar to jam,
So I do...
What I do...
When I'm through...
Then I'm through...
And I'm through...
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 54 min 1 sec ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 1 hour 7 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM