6 Musical Suggestions for the Pope's Big Finale
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2013 12:17 PM ET
Here, on this last day before he becomes Mr. Ratzinger again, we note the exit of the most powerful and influential critic of LGBT people in the world. The man who has decried that homosexuality threatens the very existence of humankind. Here are a few suggestions for some show-stopping numbers to put some musical punctuation of a reign of hate.
Liza Minnelli, "Mein Herr," Cabaret
"You have to understand the way I am,
A tiger is a tiger, not a lamb.
You'll never turn the vinegar to jam,
So I do...
What I do...
When I'm through...
Then I'm through...
And I'm through...
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History