The Daily Show on The Senate's Marriage Evolution
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 11:45 AM ET
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart took aim at the sudden evolution of marriage equality supporters in Congress lately, including Democratic senators Bill Nelson, Kay Hagan, and Claire McCaskill, as well as Republicans Mark Kirk and Rob Portman. Just three Democrats in the Senate remain opposed.
Stewart also joked that it would take a catastrophic brain injury in order for Republicans to support marriage equality, as was the case with Kirk, who said his recent stroke put the issue into perspective.
Watch the clip below:
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- WATCH: Jon Stewart 'Sort of' Stands With Fox News in Defending Duck Dynasty Star
- How Gay is Duck Dynasty Merchandise?
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert 1 hour 42 min ago
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt 1 hour 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! 1 hour 54 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort 2 hours 3 min ago
- Comedy Best Tweets: 'Duck You, Phil Robertson' 2 hours 9 min ago
- Marriage Equality BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional UPDATED: 2 hours 13 min ago
- Education Hundreds Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal 3:16 PM