The Daily Show on The Senate's Marriage Evolution
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 12:45 PM ET
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart took aim at the sudden evolution of marriage equality supporters in Congress lately, including Democratic senators Bill Nelson, Kay Hagan, and Claire McCaskill, as well as Republicans Mark Kirk and Rob Portman. Just three Democrats in the Senate remain opposed.
Stewart also joked that it would take a catastrophic brain injury in order for Republicans to support marriage equality, as was the case with Kirk, who said his recent stroke put the issue into perspective.
Watch the clip below:
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?