The Daily Show on The Senate's Marriage Evolution
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 12:45 PM ET
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart took aim at the sudden evolution of marriage equality supporters in Congress lately, including Democratic senators Bill Nelson, Kay Hagan, and Claire McCaskill, as well as Republicans Mark Kirk and Rob Portman. Just three Democrats in the Senate remain opposed.
Stewart also joked that it would take a catastrophic brain injury in order for Republicans to support marriage equality, as was the case with Kirk, who said his recent stroke put the issue into perspective.
Watch the clip below:
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014