The Daily Show on The Senate's Marriage Evolution
BY Michelle Garcia
April 09 2013 12:45 PM ET
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart took aim at the sudden evolution of marriage equality supporters in Congress lately, including Democratic senators Bill Nelson, Kay Hagan, and Claire McCaskill, as well as Republicans Mark Kirk and Rob Portman. Just three Democrats in the Senate remain opposed.
Stewart also joked that it would take a catastrophic brain injury in order for Republicans to support marriage equality, as was the case with Kirk, who said his recent stroke put the issue into perspective.
Watch the clip below:
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion