Gay Celebs Team Up in the Name of Bow Ties and Marriage Equality
BY Jami Smith
May 07 2013 8:21 AM ET
Bow tie enthusiasts might already know that Modern Family actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his fiance, Justin Mikita, run a non-profit organization called Tie The Knot, which sells a wide variety of handmade neckwear in the name of marriage equality. To celebrate its new summer collection, Ferguson has brought on actor George Takei as a guest designer. Each bow tie costs $25 and all proceeds are donated to charities promoting marriage equality.
In support of the new collection, Ferguson and Takei join celebrity stylist Brad Goreski in an exclusive Funny Or Die video. In this 1950s style PSA called "Gays Beware," Takei warns the audience about marriage equality opponents who, "may look normal, but are destroying the fabric of our society."
Watch the video below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer