Gay Celebs Team Up in the Name of Bow Ties and Marriage Equality
BY Jami Smith
May 07 2013 8:21 AM ET
Bow tie enthusiasts might already know that Modern Family actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his fiance, Justin Mikita, run a non-profit organization called Tie The Knot, which sells a wide variety of handmade neckwear in the name of marriage equality. To celebrate its new summer collection, Ferguson has brought on actor George Takei as a guest designer. Each bow tie costs $25 and all proceeds are donated to charities promoting marriage equality.
In support of the new collection, Ferguson and Takei join celebrity stylist Brad Goreski in an exclusive Funny Or Die video. In this 1950s style PSA called "Gays Beware," Takei warns the audience about marriage equality opponents who, "may look normal, but are destroying the fabric of our society."
Watch the video below.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times