Gay Celebs Team Up in the Name of Bow Ties and Marriage Equality
BY Jami Smith
May 07 2013 8:21 AM ET
Bow tie enthusiasts might already know that Modern Family actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his fiance, Justin Mikita, run a non-profit organization called Tie The Knot, which sells a wide variety of handmade neckwear in the name of marriage equality. To celebrate its new summer collection, Ferguson has brought on actor George Takei as a guest designer. Each bow tie costs $25 and all proceeds are donated to charities promoting marriage equality.
In support of the new collection, Ferguson and Takei join celebrity stylist Brad Goreski in an exclusive Funny Or Die video. In this 1950s style PSA called "Gays Beware," Takei warns the audience about marriage equality opponents who, "may look normal, but are destroying the fabric of our society."
Watch the video below.
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Twice-Divorced Florida AG: 'I'm Just Getting Started' Defending Marriage Ban
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Controversial Catch Phrase Revived on Project Runway
- With Queen's Decree, Alan Turing Is Now Officially Pardoned