WATCH: Why Bette Midler Needs Nathan Lane's Advice
BY Jami Smith
May 15 2013 5:55 PM ET
Even Bette Midler asks for advice from Tony-Award-winning actor Nathan Lane.
The always-charming Lane stopped by The Daily Show to talk about his latest Broadway appearance in The Nance, in which Lane plays a gay burlesque performer in the '30s dealing with his feelings for a younger man. "He's a victim of his own self-loathing and his inability to accept what, by today's standards, would be a healthy relationship," Lane said.
Lane is so respected in the theater community that even Midler asks him for advice on the grueling weekly schedule of live theater.
Watch his anecdote below.
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 1 min 58 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM