WATCH: Why Bette Midler Needs Nathan Lane's Advice
BY Jami Smith
May 15 2013 6:55 PM ET
Even Bette Midler asks for advice from Tony-Award-winning actor Nathan Lane.
The always-charming Lane stopped by The Daily Show to talk about his latest Broadway appearance in The Nance, in which Lane plays a gay burlesque performer in the '30s dealing with his feelings for a younger man. "He's a victim of his own self-loathing and his inability to accept what, by today's standards, would be a healthy relationship," Lane said.
Lane is so respected in the theater community that even Midler asks him for advice on the grueling weekly schedule of live theater.
Watch his anecdote below.
- BREAKING: Kim Davis 'In Custody' for Contempt of Court
- Kim Davis and Judge Deciding Her Fate Face Nepotism Allegations
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis