WATCH: Why Bette Midler Needs Nathan Lane's Advice
BY Jami Smith
May 15 2013 6:55 PM ET
Even Bette Midler asks for advice from Tony-Award-winning actor Nathan Lane.
The always-charming Lane stopped by The Daily Show to talk about his latest Broadway appearance in The Nance, in which Lane plays a gay burlesque performer in the '30s dealing with his feelings for a younger man. "He's a victim of his own self-loathing and his inability to accept what, by today's standards, would be a healthy relationship," Lane said.
Lane is so respected in the theater community that even Midler asks him for advice on the grueling weekly schedule of live theater.
Watch his anecdote below.
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 2 hours 52 min ago
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM