WATCH: Why Bette Midler Needs Nathan Lane's Advice
BY Jami Smith
May 15 2013 5:55 PM ET
Even Bette Midler asks for advice from Tony-Award-winning actor Nathan Lane.
The always-charming Lane stopped by The Daily Show to talk about his latest Broadway appearance in The Nance, in which Lane plays a gay burlesque performer in the '30s dealing with his feelings for a younger man. "He's a victim of his own self-loathing and his inability to accept what, by today's standards, would be a healthy relationship," Lane said.
Lane is so respected in the theater community that even Midler asks him for advice on the grueling weekly schedule of live theater.
Watch his anecdote below.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers